Last updated: August 6th, 2021
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
Island Home Outfitters collects information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you:
- Register for an account or create a profile with Island Home Outfitters;
- Sign up to receive Island Home Outfitter’s email newsletters or coupons or refer a friend to Island Home Outfitter;
- Register for a personal shopping appointment or register for any of our events;
- Apply for a job with Island Home Outfitter;
- Purchase any product or service from Island Home Outfitter;
- Submit a product review, provide product feedback or make other submissions to Island Home Outfitter;
- Request information or assistance from Island Home Outfitter, whether by email or other form of communication;
- Participate or respond to consumer surveys or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Island Home Outfitter’s products and services;
- Communicate with Island Home Outfitter via a third-party platform, such as tagging us in a social media post;
- Participate in contests and other promotions; and
- Use other features of the Services that may be offered from time to time and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
The personal information that Island Home Outfitter may collect directly from you may include your name, username, password, email address, birth month and day, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other information that you choose to provide. If you apply for a job with Island Home Outfitter, we will collect information including your resume, work and education history, and residency status. In some cases, we may also collect personal information of another individual that you provide to Island Home Outfitter, such as in connection with gift card purchases or our Refer a Friend program.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
Island Home Outfitters may also collect information automatically about your use of the Services.
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on the Services, such as the frequency of user visits, the routes by which users access the Services, activity within the Services, and use of any hyperlinks available on the Services.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: Like many websites, Island Home Outfitter utilizes “cookies” and similar technologies to maintain a record of your use of the Services. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. Cookies helps Island Home Outfitter to improve the Services, and to deliver more personalized experiences by enabling Island Home Outfitter to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Services.
- IP Addresses and Device Information: An IP address is a device's numeric address, by which it can be located within a network.Island Home Outfitter may record your IP address when you visit or use the Services. We may also collect other information about how you access the Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as the hardware model, operating system version, browser type, and other unique device identifiers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
Island Home Outfitters may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. We use this information to better understand your interests and for analytics purposes.
Like many websites, Island Home Outfitter utilizes “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites and your use of the Services. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. Cookies helps Island Home Outfitter to improve the Sites and Services, and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Island Home Outfitter to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites or use the Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting Island Home Outfitter’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites or the Services.
INFORMATION WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behaviour and past purchases.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Island Home Outfitter's takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information in our control is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon Island Home Outfitter’s collection of your information, Island Home Outfitter may use such information for the following purposes to:
- Develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide our products and services;
- Analyze trends and statistics on our Services, develop features and offerings, assess patterns of use, and plan and evaluate marketing initiatives;
- Establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions at the Stores and through the Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section above);
- Conduct and administer contests or other promotions in which you have participated;
- Contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- Troubleshoot problems with the Services;
- Customize and personalize your experience with Island Home Outfitter;
- Develop and manage Island Home Outfitter's business and operations;
- Detect and protect Island Home Outfitter and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Island Home Outfitter’s policies and contractual obligations;
- To comply with, any financial, legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Personal information collected by Island Home Outfitter may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and Canada.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected by or on behalf of Island Home Outfitter may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and Canada. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- Island Home Outfitter may disclose your personal information to our current and future subsidiaries or affiliates;
- We share information with vendors, service providers and consultant that need access to personal information to provide services on Island Home Outfitter’s behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, delivering promotional materials, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, and answering customer questions about Island Home Outfitter’s products and services.
- If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of the Services, this information may be visible to other visitors to the Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Island Home Outfitter our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt out of receiving promotional email communications from Island Home Outfitter, by means of a link provided in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you are a Canadian resident, this section applies to you.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION: Island Home Outfitter will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Upon your written request, and subject to certain exceptions provided by law, Island Home Outfitters will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. Island Home Outfitters may charge a minimal fee for providing such access to you. If you believe that the personal information that Island Home Outfitters holds about you is not accurate or complete, you may write to the Privacy Officer at the address provided below. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate or complete, Island Home Outfitter's will take reasonable steps to delete and/or correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In order to facilitate a request to correct or update information, Island Home Outfitter may ask you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. Any such information will only be used for the purpose of confirming your identity and will not be retained by Island Home Outfitter.